Friday, July 27, 2007

"Otherwise I wouldn't go near that thing"

Report says astronauts flew drunk

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - Despite safety warnings from NASA doctors, astronauts were allowed to fly after drinking heavily, an independent panel said in a report released Friday.

The report said it happened twice but gave no names and did not say when the drinking occurred, how many astronauts were involved, or whether they were flying on the space shuttle, the Russian Soyuz spaceship, or aboard NASA's training jets.

Wow! Scandal big enough for KOCO to post a survey about it - they want to hear from you!

Should astronauts be removed from their missions if they've been caught drinking?
a) Yes, no matter what.
b) Yes, but only if they're caught drinking in the past 24 hours
c) No

Irritated by the typical dumbness of the question, I proudly admit I was the first to vote No. Is there really nothing else going on in the world? America's Attorney General is a putty-headed criminal about to be charged with contempt of Congress & perjury. No big deal.
Oooooh... astronauts drink.... OMFG!

No comments: