Friday, October 07, 2011

The War That Keeps on Taking

Today marks ten years of the U.S. at war in Afghanistan. It's sad to me to know this war has been largely forgotten or ignored at home for most of its existence. I see yellow ribbons on car windows and feel nothing but a sad disgust. I don't see those stickers supporting the troops - I see them supporting the war. I willingly concede that Waging War somehow equals Insisting on Peace and that American Flag equals Patriotism. I am against the war and the flag doesn't mean anything to me anymore. Therefore I lose, someone else wins - go ahead and rub my face in shit. I prefer shit to stars and stripes actually. Believing in stars is believing in the unreachable and believing in stripes is believing in plateaus. I see no reason to believe in anything.
I imagine during such depressive moments what it would be like to be murdered and all I can ask is that they get it over with as soon as possible.

Get it over with. Quit. Declare victory and plan a parade. Nobody gives a fuck.
All this dead meat has been wasted.

No comments: