Last night a skunk got into our chicken house. It must have been shortly after dark because most of the water and food containers I had filled before sunset were still largely full.
Anyway, the skunk killed all seventeen of our birds. I found them this morning. I just finished burying them a few minutes ago in a single grave. I am simply astonished that the skunk had to kill all of them. I found nine of the birds hiding under a pallet that must have been very difficult to attack and this fucking skunk managed to kill them anyway.
It didn't need to kill any more than one of them for a nice feast but instead killed all.
These beautiful birds we had for laying eggs that we regarded as pets were just slaughtered for what seems like nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so sorry. What an awful day and terrible task.
Post a Comment